One of the most outstanding things about the Shure SM58 is that you can stick one in front of any kind of vocalist (and most instruments, for that matter) and get excellent results. It’s a fact — even though it’s best known today for its near indestructibility, no one would have cared about the SM58 in the first place if it didn’t sound amazing. The secret to the SM58’s sound is its critically tuned frequency response, which cuts out low-end rumble and adds a noticeable rise in the upper-mid frequencies. This deliberate presence peak adds warmth and clarity to your vocals, but it also lets you get the most out of a wide range of sources, including guitar cabinets, brass, and many other instruments.
Consistent performance you can count on
Here’s something you probably didn’t know about the Shure SM58. These handheld microphones are built to very tight standards. What that means is that an SM58 is going to sound like an SM58, so you can mix and match and add more SM58s to your collection, and you’re always going to get the sound you expect. What’s more, they all have the same focused cardioid polar pattern. That’s great onstage, where you have to worry about bleed from the mains causing feedback. It’s also a bonus in the studio, because it lets you get solid isolation between your vocals and instruments.
Shure SM58 Handheld Dynamic Microphone Features:
- The most popular handheld dynamic microphone in the world
- Perfect for use live onstage or in your studio
- Presence peak adds warmth and clarity to vocals and removes low-frequency rumble from all instruments
- Cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source, minimizes background noise, and provides high gain before feedback
- Internal pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter reduces breath noise and plosives
- Includes break-resistant stand adapter that rotates 180°
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability